Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Big news!

"Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to inform you that your proposal was selected for funding under the 2012 Teacher Creativity Fellowship Program."
Today begins a 16 month journey that I am very much excited about!
My proposal is to travel to Liberia, collect local folk tales and bring them home to be transcribed. I hope to share the stories with my students so that they can compare them to stories with which they are already familiar.
While in Liberia I also plan to meet with some of the local teachers for a short teacher training session. I am excited to reconnect with family and friends and to enjoy the culture!
I plan to leave in early July and stay approximately two weeks. If you are interested in joining this great experience, please feel free to contact me for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment